Some of the statements I hear day in and day out from clients and friends are, “I want a smaller waist.”, “What do I have to do to get slim.”, and, “how do you lose inches off your waist?”
One of the hardest things to do is begin a beneficial regimen that will help you get and maintain a healthy body. Unfortunately for most of us procrastination is a real thing. We have a tendency to set aside matters that are important today for another time. When I hear people say, “I want a smaller waist.” I try to pinpoint the reason they don’t have a small waist, and what they need to do to get slim. If you want to lose inches off your waist, you have to be successful at setting goals, realistic goals, and be determined to attain those goals. For example, if you want to lose 40 pounds, you can break that goal down into smaller goals. Set a realistic goal of 2 to 5 pounds a week. This will help you because focusing on a smaller number such as 5 pounds a week is easier to see than 40 pounds. Here are some simple tips that can help you stay focused on your goals.
1. Begin by developing and implementing a healthy diet plan. Healthcare experts will tell you that a proper diet is essential to good weight management. Eat foods that are healthy, high in vitamins and essential nutrients. Avoid processed foods as much as possible. Consider taking vitamins and herbal supplements that will support optimum health.
2. Get enough sleep. Get the correct amount of uninterrupted sleep. When you’re at rest, your body repairs itself. Your nervous system goes into maintenance mode, and your mind takes the time to sort things out. If you find yourself feeling groggy throughout the day, take short naps if at all possible. Experts believe 8 to 10 hours of solid sleep is essential for maintaining good health.
3. To get slim, you need to focus on your mind as well as your body. Adopt relaxation techniques such as meditation. Concentrate on the present. Avoid feelings of anxiety and worry. If you slip on your fitness goals don’t let it stress you out. Stress is just as harmful to the body as unhealthy eating habits. You will lose inches off your waist if you keep your mind as well as your body in a healthy state.
4. Want a smaller waist? Exercise exercise exercise, be as active as possible. Exercising burns excess calories and fat. Consistent exercise will significantly increase your body’s ability to shed the extra pounds and melt away the stubborn fat. Exercise your mind to stay sharp and sound. Mental stimulation such as crossword puzzles, and memory games will help you attain a well-rounded healthy body.
5. If you want to get slim, build a good support system. Motivation from family and friends will go a long way to keep you on track. Consistency is the key. Achieving your fitness and diet goals will be much more easy if you have people around you who appreciate, love, care about, and support you.
6. Studies have shown that laughing plays a significant role in helping people get and maintain a healthy mind and body. Laugh as much as you can. View life with a positive mind frame. Keep your thoughts positive by closely monitoring what and how you think. Learn to eliminate or replace negative thoughts with positive ones. You can lose inches off your waist, and maintain your goals to get slim by staying positive and upbeat.
7. Keep a handle on your emotions. Suppressed emotions can be a detriment to your mental health and physical efforts to get slim. Stress can cause poor appetite leading to bad eating habits. You will lose inches off your waist by maintaining positive emotional energy and consistently eating right and staying active.